Westcoast Project Management
Westcoast Developments offer services to both individual clients and companies looking to develop homes for themselves or homes to sell. We also help investors looking to realise returns in property projects and are able to offer finance if necessary.
We offer a comprehensive range of services from finding sites, preparation of architects drawings, planning application submission and monitoring services, checking site internal and external layouts including bathrooms and kitchens, project management throughout construction of new build and refurbishment projects, full interior design packages, marketing project appraisals, marketing, bank financing, external financing etc.
For ease we have compiled Gold, Silver and Bronze packages to choose from. We can also tailor packages to a Client’s particular brief or alternatively on a “pay as you go” arrangement if the Client so wishes.
Full quotations are supplied on application and following Client brief/meeting.
What Happens If You Choose Westcoast to Build Your Home….
After planning has been achieved and using the proposed drawings, we would be able to calculate the cost of construction of the proposed scheme. We will explain your options with regard to forms of contract available to you. This contract, once agreed, would be signed by both parties. This is a binding commitment and will contain the contract price, programme showing completion date, specification and payment arrangements.
Once planning has been granted and the contract signed, we will start to discharge the pre-start planning conditions. Demolition and construction will then commence. We will hold regular progress meetings with and discuss any impending changes or variations required.
The handover of the development will take place from the contractor (Colmar) to Westcoast Developments after construction completion and relevant NHBC/Premier Guarantee and Building Control Certificates have been received. Westcoast Developments will carry out a completion snag list and instruct Colmar to attend to any items prior to signing off the development.
** All package prices are based upon site area, square footage and number of units proposed.
Why choose to go through Westcoast?
- In house project management team
- Utilise Westcoast Developments’ rates achieved through our continued relationships with certain professionals.
- Take advantage of our discounted rates with suppliers (if construction contract placed with our partners Colmar Construction (Poole) Ltd).
- Take advantage of a superior interior design service by our partners, Woadden Nash. Meet with Woadden Nash to discuss room layouts and configurations in the early design stages to gain the optimum/best living accommodation available
- Constant meetings/updates from Colmar Construction (if appointed) staff i.e project surveyor/contracts manager/site agent.
- Visit previous projects by Westcoast Developments and view our high standard of finish including award winning developments.
- Experienced full time office based staff to deal with questions and queries from contractors, porfessionals, local authorities, solicitors etc.
- Early marketing to encourage off-plan sales and stamp duty savings.
- Organising the upkeep and cleaning of interior and exterior of properties during the agreed marketing period
BRONZE PACKAGE EXAMPLE:
SITE ACQUISITION TO PLANNING APPROVAL STAGENB: If application is refused and appeal required to be lodged – this will be subject to separate costing.
- Land acquisition and site visit to discuss ideas and aspirations
- Historical planning and potential planning appraisal
- Assistance with legals and Section 106
- Sketch scheme
- Commission site survey
- Commission planning drawings and approve with client
- One planning application submission (additional/multiple applications will be costed separately)
- Monitor application and liaise with planning officer as necessary
- Commission other reports as necessary i.e. arboricultural, ecological
- Monitor to planning application decision
SILVER PACKAGE EXAMPLE:
SITE ACQUISITION TO SITE START
Bronze package plus:-
- Dismissal of planning approval conditions i.e. landscaping, materials submission for approval, drainage scheme, SUDS. Code for Sustainable Homes information will be priced separately.
- Appoint and liaise with professionals re: release of covenants, local parish councils, land societies etc
- Demolition quotations
- Obtain details of existing services
- Leaseholders agreements if necessary
- Party wall surveyor – appoint if necessary
- Organise tree protection if necessary
- Appoint demolition contractor (& asbestos removal if required)
- CDM coordinator – quote and appoint surveyor
- Obtain build budget and appoint contractor
- Structural engineers quotes and instruction
- Appointment of Code Assessor
- Arrange services disconnection
- Organise site insurance
- Obtain NHBC/Premier Guarantee quote and appoint
- Finalise build programme
GOLD PACKAGE EXAMPLE:
SITE START THROUGH TO COMPLETION/HANDOVER
Bronze and/or Silver Package Plus:-
- Project management through build
- Bathrooms, kitchens, wardrobes – liaise with suppliers and present schemes and costs for client approval
- Agree specification
- Internal and external layouts including interior design, decoration, lighting, landscaping
- Organise e-brochure/brochure/website information as necessary
- Instruct estate agents in liaison with client
- Monitor agreed advertising
- Instruct CGI/walkthrough as necessary
- Liaise with potential purchasers and answer queries
- Liaise with solicitors and answer queries on sale
- Organise snagging works and report with contractor
- Handover package to client/purchaser including relevant building guarantee information, health and safety packs and product instructions and manuals
THE ITEMS LISTED BELOW ARE NOT INCLUDED IN THE PACKAGE PRICES:-
- Payment of legal fees including 106 payments, covenants, CIL payment, solicitors fees, payments to land societies
- Payment of planning application fees – full application or additional payments
- Payment of professional fees including: planning advisors, engineers, code assessors, land surveyors, landscape designer/architect
- Payment of necessary reports such as: bat surveys, badger, arboricultural, contamination, flood risk reports etc
- Payment of insurances prior to site start and post site completion
- Payment for asbestos report and removal
- Payment to utility company ref services disconnections/meter removals
- Payment of Premier/NHBC fees
- Payment of marketing literature – i.e. brochures, e-brochure/website design.
- Payment of CGI/3D walkthrough
- Payment to remove or protect trees on site